March 6, 2008

Chicken Soup in Paris?

I'm gaining more weight already. We have been eating well. Croissants in the morning and a fantastic dinner last night.

Renee was being a typical nurse and friend. She was going to cook me some chicken soup. I was really looking forward to it.

BUT while in Paris you have to be flexible. She and Gaston went to market to get a chicken for my soup. They got a chicken alright but it was so "fresh and gorgeous" that it was too good to boil. Don't worry I still had soup, it was the most delicious vegetable soup I've ever tasted. Made with fresh zucchini, the sweetest carrots and leek. Yummy! Thanks Renee.
If you were wondering the bird was roasted...in the oven. We had chefs not comedians. Well, our chefs were funny too. They were right also. It (the chicken) was the most tasty, roasted. It will be remembered for a long time.

No comments: