March 5, 2008

No, I'm not sick of Paris just sick.


I woke up sick and jet lagged this morning so I decided to stay in bed. I'm being practical, I figure it's better to miss a day to recover so that I could enjoy most of my vacation rather than ignore this cold and make it worse. It must be the mom in me.

Anyway the gang went to Notre Dame, fortunately for me I saw it on my last trip.

I slept all morning and woke up wide awake. I decided to go for walk around the neighborhood. The Centre Pompidou was only a couple of blocks from the apartment. I didn't go in this time. It's such a beautiful day I wanted to stay outside. I took pictures of the Stravinsky inspired Fountain and Kinetic Sculpture by Niki de Saint Phalle and Jean Tinguely just outside the Pompidou. It was fantastic. They must have had fun creating it together.

Paris was just starting to wake up also...some of the bistro still had their chairs stacked up.

No comments: