March 29, 2008

The studio

I just spent the last two weeks cleaning up the garage and organizing the space as my new studio. As you can see I'm already accumulating STUFF. Once a pack rat always a pack rat. I like to think of all of it as art supplies.

I'm happy to say that I'm already making use of the space. I haven't slept much but I'm not complaining. I'm also helping a mom from one of Explorer's fifth grade class with a class project. It's a collage of students portraits that will be auctioned for their fundraising event " Art from the Heart". It's a wonderful event for a good cause.

On the wall are a few of the paintings I'm working on, I hope to do a series of 20" x 20"paintings and a larger piece for a future show. It's an idea of using the size to represent the 20/20 hindsight theory seeing the "bigger picture". It's very simplistic and that's the idea. Is it too much?

3 comments:

Ted Sherarts said...

Your studio burned? Good luck in starting over. Maybe adversity will deal you some good surpises.

Victoria Estacio Huckins said...

Thanks Ted. I hope so.

Jane LaFazio said...

oooo, I loved seeing your 20x20s up on the wall. gorgeous! glad you've got a studio to work in!